What is REACH?
REACH is the European chemical law. It was published on 30 December 2006 by the European Union in journal L396 as directive (EG) No. 1907/2006 to replace various existing legal regulations. Key elements of the REACH strategy are:
- Transfer of responsibility for collating and evaluating data for assessing risks in connection with the use of chemicals from the authorities to the industry (burden of proof transferred to company responsible)
- Extend the responsibility for product safety and making information available on applications and exposure to all downstream handlers/users (previously only manufacturers and importers)
- Application-specific permit process for chemicals that cause special concern
- Obligation to share test data and testing costs, especially in order to prevent duplicate tests on animals (data sharing is already obligatory in Austria) and at the same time promote test methods without using animals.
Responsibility that obliges
AGATEX declares its responsibility for the health and safety of people and the environment.
The regulations of the European Chemical Law REACH are implemented consistently in all areas:
- All products manufactured and processed by AGATEX are tested regarding the obligation to register and declare active ingredients. Ingredients subject to registration are identified and registered in advance.
- Employees whose work is affected by REACH have been trained accordingly.
- Preregistration ensures the ongoing availability of the products we process.
- The safety datasheets are updated in good time with material safety reports. Where necessary, material safety assessments are performed; the required material data and application/exposure data are forwarded along the delivery chain if no other arrangement has been agreed.
Do you have a question? Contact us directly at email@example.com – our employees would be pleased to hear from you!